Sunday 25 March 2012

300 WORD CRITICAL APPRASIAL

300 WORD CRITICAL APPRASIAL 

I wanted my work to resemble a striking display, deconstructing, re-cutting and completely transforming people’s perception of second-hand clothing or recyclable material, and create ethical fashion with a sense of right and wrong?

I think throughout my project, my chosen references relate to my project, as my self and designers have portrayed environmentally conscious trends in fashion. We have tried to explain the global and personal benefits of adopting these practices, and have demonstrated ways in which individuals, can make conscious changes in their wardrobe choices and reduce their environmental impact of “waste couture” on our planet.




To create this look I used use an eye level camera angle, which was positioned as though, it is a human observing the scene.

I choose a standard lens, as I thought it would make the model in the photo appear in perspective, similar to the original scene.

In the end, i decided to use a medium size soft box for my lighting, as from previous workshops I learnt, the larger the light source, in relation to the subject, the softer the light becomes, which was useful when deciding what size to use for my shoot. Unfortunately due to the length of backdrop, shadows appeared but have corrected the issue in the printing process.

When shooting I used an iso of 160 and used 1/500th of a second. In my final image of the bin bag outfit, you can notice slightly overexposed area’s (by the hair), which can be seen as highlighted detail, creating bright parts of the image to be noticed as `washed out`. Luckily when printing, I was able to apply the burning technique, which gave me the opportunity to correct that exposure.









No comments:

Post a Comment